Well, it’s baaaaack!!!! The Southern Sierra Fly Fishers Club (SSFFC) is hosting another raffle to raise funds for two of our favorite charities. Project Healing Waters “PHW” (http://www.projecthealingwaters.org/ ) and Casting For Recovery “CFR” (http://castingforrecovery.org/wordpress/cfr-southern-california/ ) . Both charities do amazing work in assisting their participants with both emotional and physical healing from scars brought on from battles. How? They provide retreats to their participants where, thru fly fishing, they can rest, recover, and just let go for a few days. “CFR” assist breast cancer survivors and families in healing from the battles fought with breast cancer. “PHW” works with the brave folks wounded in the service and sacrifice for our country.
The funds generated by this raffle will be split between both charities to help them in their continued efforts to provide these retreats to these amazing survivors. Can you think of a better way to spend $5.00 on a raffle ticket?
So, what are we buying our raffle tickets for? Well, let me tell you. This year’s raffle package includes the following items:
* A custom built Epic Fiberglass fly rod of your choice. Thank you to Carl McNeil and Swift Fly Products http://swiftflyfishing.com/collections/epic-fly-rod-blanks for donating the blank . You win the blank, and “Renaissance Rods” will build you your dream rod to your specifications. If Epic makes the blank, you can have a rod built. You pick the blank length, weight, color, wrap colors, handle style, stripping Agate, reel seat insert and Lemke hardware. The rod will be built and shipped to you in a “Renaissance Rods” rod sock and aluminum tube. www.renaissanceflyrods.com
* Custom net by Sierra-Nets. Owner and Master Artisan Greg Madrigal is donating one of his custom nets. The craftsmanship and beauty Greg puts into every net makes his nets highly sought after. These nets are instant heirlooms and will be passed down from generation to generation. www.sierra-nets.com
* Western Visions Lanyard. These lanyards are built by a fly fisherman for fly fishers. This lanyard will be custom built to match the colors of the Epic rod. Gary and Lacey’s lanyards are not only one of a kind, they are the most well thought out lanyards on the market. 100% functional while being the best looking anywhere. www.westernvisionslanyards.com
* An Orvis CFO limited addition reel. This is a limited run of an Orvis classic click and pawl reel. These reels are built in England. Each reel in individually numbered, this particular reel is #105. Randy, one of our crazy Carp fishermen was fishing a Carp tournament with the Orvis lads and mentioned the raffle. The good folks from Orvis jumped at the opportunity to help us. http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=6l9g
* And last, but definitely not least Maui Jim sunglasses has donated a pair of their polarized sunglasses. These babies are sweeeeet. Not only are they stylish, they are 100% fly fishing functional. http://www.mauijim.com/
*The SSFFC will be adding backing and line to the reel. Shoot, we will probably add a leader and some flies. That way all you will need to supply will be the fishing license.
So how do I get in on this raffle? Well, the tickets are $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00. You can either buy your tickets through the Southern Sierra Fly Fishers Club web site via PayPal http://ssffclub.org/ or send a check made out to the SSFFC to:
SSFFC C/O Pete Emmel
7775 Yesal Ave.
Atascadero, Ca. 93422
Please make a note “Raffle Tickets” on the memo line.
The drawing will be on Sunday September 29th. Like last year it will be done via a random number generator.
A huge thank you to all the good folks who are donating all the goodies for this awesome raffle. It’s not very often that this type of package is thrown together. But folks understand and support great organizations like Casting For Recovery and Project Healing Waters, so donating raffle items is easy. Thank you in advance for supporting these charities through your ticket purchases.
Hey, FYI the picture above is showing examples of the raffle package. Remember the lanyard and rod will be custom. And who know what work of art Greg will come up with for the net ;-)
Until next time my friends,